Friday, May 8, 2020

Don’t let the scale not moving discourage you

When I first started my weight loss journey I lost weight quickly. But after two months I would have phases where the scale wasn’t moving and I almost lost motivation back then.

Honestly what saved me was that my scale linked to my phone and I could look at the data there. I went on weekly and monthly views and saw a downwards trend there and felt better. I also noticed through this something: the week before I get my period I never lose weight. It doesn’t move bc I keep water weight and then suddenly just before I get my period I lose it all.

The last days it happened again. Ate a deficit of about 800-1,000 calories a day - I should have lost 1kg or 2lbs this week. But the scale went from 76.6kg to 76.8kg over 7 days. I didn’t mind. I knew what was coming and was just patiently waiting. And then within two days from 76.8kg to 75.6kg. Obviously I didn’t lose 1.2kg in two days. My whole week before was finally showing and it’s the best feeling.

Here you can see how it looks.

Don’t let the scale not moving discourage you! Personally I prefer to weight daily because it’s just more data points. It’s okay that it will go slightly up some days as long as the trend is downwards. Your body is complex but if you eat in a calorie deficit it will pay off!

submitted by /u/imnotagamergirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35JgKDb

No comments:

Post a Comment