Thursday, May 7, 2020

Making great progress but starting to lose motivation.

A brief history - I’ve always been overweight, at my heaviest I was 170Kg (380lbs) before I got gastric banding surgery which helped me drop down to 120kg (270lbs)

Once I hit that point I kind of gave up on trying and ended up settling in on the 130-135kg (300lbs)

I know I was at 135kg at Christmas, and at the end of January I was surprised to find myself down at 130kg, so I figured “if I’ve lost 5kg (10lbs) without even trying, imagine what I can do if I tried”

So for the last 3 months I’ve cut out the blatantly unhealthy stuff (late night chocolate binges, full-sugar soft drink), and tried to eat better in general (mostly the same stuff I was eating before, but much smaller portions).

I’m not specifically doing IF or OMAD, but I never eat breakfast to begin with, and I’ve started skipping lunch if I’m not actually hungry, so it seems I’ve just kinda fallen into that routine.

I’m losing weight faster than I really expected, and my current weight of 110kg (245lbs) is literally the lightest I can ever remember being.

But all of a sudden it’s getting hard.

Everyone else says they can see the change in me - I can’t.

I still feel like a big fat balloon of a man and it’s getting frustrating that I can’t see or feel the progress...

I got a new puppy around the same time as the weight loss started and I’m basically keeping track with her growth - so I have an incredible visual/physical example of how much weight I’ve lost - I can see it running around the house in front of me, but... I just can’t see it in myself... I don’t get it...

It’s getting really frustrating having what I can see is objective progress - the scales are showing I’m losing weight, I just went down a size in my jeans, clothes that were getting a bit tight are now pretty loose...

But Subjectively... it feels like I’m putting in this work for nothing...

So I guess I’m just looking for some pointers on keeping up the motivation when it stops feeling so easy.

submitted by /u/its-my-1st-day
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SLj5Z3

No comments:

Post a Comment