Monday, May 4, 2020

My tricks to my loss and keeping it off

I went from 198 to 122. Here is how I did it.

I first want to say that I see a weight loss doctor. Not a bariatric surgeon, the kind of doctor that helps you lose weight. It’s taken me ten years to be successful, and I’ve met my goal weight befor, but not “gotten” it. I’ve struggled with my weight almost all of my life. First, I’ll explain what my doctor offered. When I went at first, they check your metabolism, your heart, and they use a scale that will tell you what you gain/lose in fat, water, and muscle. You go to group therapy, where I learned I was a binge eater. Apparently not all of us are, I like to sneak the whole tub of ice cream. Once the therapist told the doctor, they wanted to put me on Topomax. I didn’t want to. My sneaky doctor said try it for a month. I was put on it very slow, 25 mg. In the am for a week, 25 am and pm for a week, 50 am, 25 pm for a week. And so on until I was on 100 am and pm. Then she wanted me to try it again for a month. So I tried it. By the time I was on it all the way, I could actually eat a bowl of ice cream. It was amazing. I could eat two Hershey Kisses, not the bag. So, she also convinced me a few years later to try Contrave, a drug for cravings. Again I didn’t want to. Blah blah blah, I’m on it, and it is part of why I’m successful. Another thing my doctor and I learned from group, that I should go to independent therapy. Oh, I said no for six months, but I said I would try it, and it helped. So these are the biggest things I got from my doctor. Now for the things I use that I learned from research on the internet, that have worked for me.

I read that people who drink coffee in the morning instead of breakfast are normally thinner. I hate coffee. -but I learned to drink it. I now get up at 7, drink a cup of coffee with Splenda and a touch of half and half. I have another one at 9.

I learned about the fasting of 18/6, and I only ate from noon to 6pm. When I lost the weight, I loosened up to 10-6. I still don’t eat after 6, unless absolutely necessary.

As per my doctor, I eat a high protein low carb diet, with a mix of CICO. One thing I allow myself at breakfast once or twice a week is whole wheat sour dough toast, 1 piece. The internet says that it’s the best kind of carb to eat. I often borrow 100 calories from breakfast and treat myself to a frozen cool whip with a small amount of fruit with mini chocolate chips. This is my ice cream. I eat it before 6. My way of sticking to this easily is that I did it for a while and once you do CICO you learn that half a palm is your chicken, half a cap is your dressing, a large handful is your spinach, your thumb to your pointer is your asparagus, a handful is your strawberries, etc. My fast way to think for low carb is most white things are carbs, except eggs. Bread, potatoes, rice, candy, that kind of thing.

I mostly eat between 800-1200 calories a day. NOTE, I’m under a doctors care. Please be careful to not drop below 1200 calories if you are not.

My biggest trick, came from a bariatric doctor a friend of mine sees. It’s a variation of the water diet.

I don’t drink when I eat.

If I’m drinking, I wait 15 minutes, then I eat. Then I wait 30 minutes until I drink. My drink of choice is water.

There are two things that come out of this. One, you know that you have eaten, by not washing the food out of your mouth. (And you eat slower) Two, your stomach shrinks. I can say that this has helped me the MOST out of everything I have done. I don’t gain water, unless I have something very salty. (-I rarely do) I read on here all the time about fluctuating water, my weight does not fluctuate. It goes down, or stays the same.

This doctor was telling my friend that had the surgery not to forget that they had to do this for their new surgery because the food and water could not compete for space. -he then said, I’ve seen you at Dr.________, you will see amazing results if you do it too. So here it is. My biggest trick. The water diet variation. The exact conversation. It has helped me lose the weight I couldn’t, and maintain for ten months.

I have lurked on here a long time. I have recently started to tell a few people how I’ve done it. Today I’m being brave, and I’m posting for the first time.

I went from 198 to 122, here is everything I do to maintain, if one thing I post helps one person, my uncomfortableness will be worth it. (I’m kind of freaking out...god I hope this comes out okay, if it’s rambling, I’m sorry)

submitted by /u/beanner468
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cg61lW

No comments:

Post a Comment