Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Non scale victory!

My fiancé and I went to a private cake tasting last weekend. We paid $30.00 and got three small boxes of cake. Four days later I had already given a box that was 1/2 filled away, and had to throw away the other half filled boxes-the cake had gone stale.

It went stale because I didn’t refrigerate it.

I didn’t refrigerate it because I knew within 24 hours it would be gone. It would be gone because I have no self control or willpower.

How did I learn it was stale-I decided to have a slice. What did I do with stale slice-I threw it away. I didn’t even want to eat it!

Old me wouldn’t have cared-cake is cake.

This is huge. I’ve never been like this before-I think this is the first time I’ve ever thrown a sweet treat away. And it’s huge. I still have a long way to go with weight loss-but this is the first time I’ve worked on correcting my relationship with food. And that’s a pretty massive win.

How did this happen? I’ve always had a major sweet tooth. I started with optifast to lose weight for the wedding. I also got sick of the weekly bills with optifast. I enjoy meal replacement shakes-but I found I love meal replacement puddings! I’ve switched to chocolate HRM pudding mix and wonderslim pudding mix for the sweet tooth. As well as individual servings of fruit when I’ve been running low on available calories and wanting sugar.

Now things like cake-it’s too sweet for me generally speaking. Chocolate isn’t even good anymore-I want the chocolate pudding for that fix. Or even a mug brownie made with ovaltine and when I want the cake texture-no additional sugar. My fiancé says it’s never sweet enough. Frankly I feel like it’s gonna give me diabetes so I don’t eat it often.

It’s pretty amazing-had somebody told me two years ago I would be obsessed with pudding for somewhere between 90 and 110 calories, and not wanting cake. I would think they were on some sort of illegal substance. After all that’s way too many calories to waste on pudding. That sounds like it should be replaced with sugar free. And not liking cake-even my fiancé joked after we finished the tasting I could have the rest of it. Because we both knew I would.

submitted by /u/Iamthecomet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ADbCos

No comments:

Post a Comment