Monday, March 15, 2021

Can you even lose 2 lbs a week in a healthy manner? Also do you have to eat all the calories you lose during cardio?

Hello all!

QUESTION:

Can you even lose 2 lbs. a week in a healthy manner? Do you have to eat all the calories you lose during cardio?

BACKGROUND:

My journey with weight loss has been a long one. Went from 240 down to 170 in high school. During college I didn't do sports and went back to 225. Decided to count my calories and workout (weightlifting and shit tons of cardio), Went from 225 down to 199. Corona virus hit like a f*ckin truck. Now I'm sitting at 235.

I want to go back to losing weight at 2 lbs. per week. However I'm researching again on the topic. I understand that losing anything more than 2 lbs. per week is pointless and not healthy.

CURRENT SITUATION:

To maintain my weight I need to eat 2378 calories a day. To lose weight TDEE calculator recommends eating 1878 calories a day (500kcal deficit). However my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is at 1982. Eating under BMR is bad, at least that's what online sources say.

If I do 500 calories worth of cardio every day for a week. Are these calories burned going to lower my daily calorie intake? As in if I'm eating 1982kcals and run 500kcals, my daily intake is now 1482? In which case do I need to replace these 500kcals that I just burned?

The recommended weight loss per week is 1-2 lbs. which comes at 500-1000 calories cut everyday. If I'm supposed to not eat under my BMR 1982. My maintenance kcals 2378 tells me that I can only cut 396 calories per day in order to lose weight in "healthy" manner.

END:

Which tells me losing 2 lbs at least for me is not realistic. Please if anyone can correct me if I'm wrong I would appreciate further discussion. Would like to turn my shitty post into a more informative useful takeaway for others if possible.

tldr TAKEAWAY:

tbd...

submitted by /u/anon117485
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lrIO5R

No comments:

Post a Comment