Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Does anyone else struggle to stick to a diet for even one day?

This is embarrassing to ask, but I feel so alone in the issue. I always read about people struggling to stick to their weight loss commitments for more than a few weeks or months but I honestly would be happy if I lasted a whole week.

It’s as though my brain goes into fight or flight mode the second I decide to even mildly restrict my overeating. I have tried calorie counting, clean eating, intermittent fasting and other diets but every time it is the same.

I wake up with the intention of sticking to the plan I made, then almost immediately start having thoughts of quitting. I always rationalise it, like “No, calorie counting is too difficult. Just eat 3 meals a day and no snacks. Now we can eat what we want today and start tomorrow” or “No, intermittent fasting is too hard. Just count calories, it’s the most reliable. Let’s start tomorrow.”

I honestly don’t care what I do, as long as it’s consistent. But I’m battling with myself every second of the day.

Does anyone else experience these intrusive thoughts and how can I fix it? I feel like an addict.

submitted by /u/ilhaC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rhIsjq

No comments:

Post a Comment