Sunday, March 14, 2021

The best and worst part about weight loss is the new closet (also I'm out of the 200's!)

Stats:

  • 5'3 trans man (2.5 years on T, 2 years post-hysterectomy, pre top surgery)
  • HW 265 / SW 256.8 / CW 198.2 / GW 175ish? 170-180
  • Size changes: XL -> M shirt / 44 -> 38 pants / 10 or 10.5 -> 8/8.5 shoe
  • Haven't been exercising as of late (sick), hopefully starting again soon
  • Food is usually around 1500 calories/day, I usually go for a more moderate carb diet but I still treat myself from time to time. I rarely have sugary drinks. I drink a lot of diet soda and coffee lol

The post:

I've always been one of the bigger kids. I was over 200 before I had turned 18, almost 230 by my 19th birthday, and 265 by my 20th. It seemed like I would never lose weight, so I always tossed my old clothes when they got too small. Sometime between my 19th and 20th birthday I threw away a ton of clothes that I figured I'd never fit into ever again. I thought I was destined to get bigger forever.

Well... A couple of months after my 20th birthday I started being more active and eating better. Now I'm 21 now and 198lbs. I'm not at my goal yet, but I don't have many clothes I like. I've been buying clothes as I get money and as things go on sale.

First, clothes are expensive. I have no idea how my parents took us once or twice a year, every year to the store, and bought us a ton of clothes all at once. Today I bought a shirt and I winced because it was over $20. Dad said he and Mom will help me buy some stuff. I don't really have much that fits that I like. I have a fair amount of winter stuff, lots of sweaters handed down from Dad, but nothing that I can wear during the summer. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all those clothes.

However! My style has totally changed. Nothing I've bought since becoming a legal adult would fit, and I do not like how I dressed in high school. So maybe it's not such a bad thing that I donated/tossed everything?

I will also say, pants were really hard to find when I was at my HW. I wore size 44 jeans. Those were honestly too tight, but I legally have to wear pants when going out. I was really nervous to go to the store last week because it's usually a nightmare trying to find pants. But it wasn't too bad actually! It was still painful, but less so than normal. I also find there are cuts now that I wasn't able to wear before that fit really well now!

I'm also finding I can find clothes I like a lot more. Basically every store stocks my sizes. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed lol, like, there are so many things I want to buy, but I only have so much money! Not to gloat, but I think I'm more attractive now. I think that has less to do with my weight loss and more to do with the types of things I wear

submitted by /u/whitmanpatroclus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Ktx6O

No comments:

Post a Comment