Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My body seems incredibly resistant to weight loss, and I don’t know what to do.

I’ve cycled between underweight and obese a few times in my life and I do have a history of disordered eating behaviors. I’ve surprisingly been diagnosed with anorexia despite my BMI of 34. I’m 5’4 and 199 lbs. I’ve been consuming 600-1500 calories every day for the past 6 months (not including calories burned by workouts or days of fasting,) and I’ve only lost 20 lbs. I am extremely careful about calorie restriction, and I cannot stress this enough, because usually when I tell people that my weight isn’t decreasing, the response I get is “you must not be counting calories properly.” I actually always try to over estimate the calories I consume. On multiple occasions, out of frustration with my body for not losing weight with doctor-recommended moderate calorie restriction, I’ve fasted (no calories at all) for periods of 2-3 days without anything to show for it. One time I ended a 3 day no-calorie fast at 1 lb heavier than before. I’ve talked to my doctor about it and her advice to continue restricting calories really wasn’t any help.

submitted by /u/BakaBasura
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pSXo96

No comments:

Post a Comment