Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Diet soft drinks?

Hi r/loseit

My question is about diet soft drinks that market themselves as being 0 calories. The science behind it, as I understand it, is that it uses sweeteners our body can’t digest. I’m naturally weary around items that market themselves as 0-calories, because I have a hard time believing that zero calories equals no weight gain. Do these chemicals diminish the nutritional value of anything else you eat? Do they really not cause weight gain, or do they just not give you energy?

I guess my main question is do they harm weight loss efforts. When I try googling around for research, most mention that they make you more likely to become obese, but then cite the reason as “they make you more likely to over eat.” If you’re counting your calories and don’t go over, will it still cause you to become obese?

Personal anecdotes are as welcome as scientific research for answering this question, because weight loss (to me at least) is as much an art as it is a science, and what works for one person might not work for another. I do ask you say WHY it does/does not hinder you, however! (Thanks in advance for your responses)

submitted by /u/Amationary
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m5sHMK

No comments:

Post a Comment