Friday, October 7, 2022

My brother called me "sturdy af" and I'm mad because it's true. 😭

I was talking to my brother about my weight loss efforts. To be fair, he was being very complimentary about it, but he was also asking me what my goal was, and I said 135. For reference, I am F 5'7 and currently weigh 154. He replied that he thought there was no way I would get that low and still look healthy because "you're sturdy af. That weight would look weird on you."

Y'ALL.

Okay, so the deal is, he's not wrong. I am a sturdy lady. I guess you would say I have an athletic build ‐ I gain muscle fairly easily for a F, and I just have never been willowy. I've been skinny as a teen, but not willowy even then. But I grew up in the 90's where Herion Chic was the look. And I've always wanted to be dainty and willowy and graceful looking. He also didn't mean it as a slam, he was saying that I'm athletic looking and that it a good thing. But it still stung.

I think he's right that I'm always going to look sturdy, and I'm trying to make my peace with that, but damn!

Does anyone else have a tough time coming to terms with the fact that your general build may never fit what you think is attractive, even if you lose weight and get fit? Or is he wrong and anyone can be willowy with the right workout and diet routine?

submitted by /u/Overbeingoverit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KnxpdbL

No comments:

Post a Comment