Thursday, October 6, 2022

The second stage or 'perfection stage' of weight loss is much harder than the 'reach a healthy weight' stage

Anyone else found this? Over 18 months I dropped from 257lbs (116kg) to 187lbs (85kg) and from god-knows-what bodyfat percentage (close to 40%?) to something like 18-20% now by my admittedly amateur estimate. I'm 185.5cm (a shade under 6'1) for context.

Now I'm at the point where I want to get closer to 12% BF and drop to maybe 77kg / 170lbs orwhatever that takes and my body is just rebelling against it. I get cravings all the time and end up eating 3000+ calories per day even though I was happily eating <2000 for a whole year when overweight.

Even 2500 for maintenance feels tough a lot of days now, like I pushed myself too far and this is the rebound effect, like a rubber band snapping back! I'm honestly not sure how much is physical and how much is psychological though.

How did anyone affected by this manage to push on through, what did you change, if anything? Is a long period of maintenance the only way?

submitted by /u/Public-Database-6771
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WtEPFxr

No comments:

Post a Comment