Friday, February 1, 2019

I'm down a full 25kg (55lbs) from my heaviest of ~100kg (~220lbs) in April 2016 and I've never felt better. I couldn't go back even if I wanted to. (nsfw, shirtless dude)

My first post here; I just happened across this place and thought I'd contribute. This journey's been a long one. Two and a half years. That's when I decided, hey, I can't be this heavy anymore. I'm sick of being fat. So I talked to my doctor about changing up my medication regimen and he prescribed me a different antipsychotic (please read my disclaimer about this at the bottom); WELL! Overnight I lost my sweet tooth (but damnably picked up a not-as-bad savoury one!) and the pounds started melting off. Despite that, I still had to make more conscious choices about what I was putting in my body and in particular I cut out energy drinks and chocolate almost completely. I was having 1-2 a day and eating another chocolate bar or two on top of that. I stopped missing them after about 3 months and then it was very easy.

Then, something kinda unexpected happened about 6 months into my weight loss journey; I developed neuropathy (nerve pain) in my pelvic floor. Once that happened I knew I had to accelerate my weight loss. I gained about 5kg (10lbs) back at one point and my pain was so severe I needed to up the dose on one of my medications. That wasn't okay with me. I tolerate them well but that's just it, it's tolerance. I don't like being on them.

Since I lost that 5kg and more, my pain's decreased to a much more manageable level. That, with the weight loss, with the new medication, and despite my pain I feel amazing compared to just two and a half years ago. I don't have to catch my breath after climbing a flight of stairs, I have better self-esteem, I can move faster, my reflexes are better, healthy food tastes so much better; losing weight is like a superpower!

And now, the progress picture! The first one was taken in April 2016, the second was taken a couple days ago when I felt really good. :)

submitted by /u/iama-canadian-ehma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DPDCVn

No comments:

Post a Comment