Monday, June 1, 2020

Med student - excited for "Multi-Disciplinary Management of Morbid Obesity" elective

Good morning, I've been lurking for some time because I have an interest in going into Family medicine residency next year and really love focusing on lifestyle change and how important it is compared to current western medicine approach which mainly treats problems once you need a stent, etc.

During your fourth year of med school you get to choose mostly what elective rotations you want to take and I'm really excited about this elective about Multi-Disciplinary Management of Morbid Obesity. According to the course description I'll get to work with Endocrinologists, Psychologists, and Surgeons to see how they help this patient population.

My point in making the post was that in my excitement of looking things up I stumbled upon a great set of recipes on a hospital's website that shows the nutrition facts for each meal and they're all high in protein which is great for weight loss. Technically they're for post-bariatric surgery patients but some of these look so good that I'll definitely be trying them.

This isn't self promotion, so I hope it's okay to post? https://www.froedtert.com/bariatric-surgery/recipes

submitted by /u/HealthyConsistencyYT
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zQ6Vb2

No comments:

Post a Comment