Friday, March 12, 2021

Diet question / weight loss / plateau

Hey my friends! I am currently on my weight loss journey. I’m 10 pounds away from my goal but I’ve hit a plateau. When I first began wanting to lose weight I noticed how uncomfortable it was just walking, my back became sore easily and I felt like I had less energy. I am a nurse and I am on my feet for three 12 hour shifts a week. I was eating too much unhealthy food (chips, soda) and my meals were pretty big, and I noticed my clothes were getting tighter and decided to weigh myself. Upon weighing myself I saw that I weighed 197 pounds which devastated me because I had previously weighed around 170 the last time I had checked... I’m not saying that that weight is horrible for other people but for me, I could feel my body struggling. So, I started controlling my portions more and making my own lunches for work instead of buying food (salad, fruit, granola bars, vegetables) and over the span of a year I lost around 40 pounds and I am now at 157 which to me, feels so awesome. I feel my body thanking me and feeling more energized. I have chronic illnesses so I think the extra weight was exacerbating those illnesses. Buuuuut my goal weight is around 145 and I cannot get there...

My question is what is a healthy calorie deficit if I’m doing around 1-1.5 hours of cardio and strength training 4 days a week? Just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Wanted to also make it clear that everyone, no matter the weight or size has something special and amazing to offer. I am just one story, I know there are many out there.

submitted by /u/lillylouu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NaNXm2

No comments:

Post a Comment