Monday, March 15, 2021

Sharing some positive updates :)

Hello!

I usually only post on here when I'm having major freak-outs over minor things like water retention, but I wanted to come here to share some positive things that I've seen since i lost weight. At my heaviest I was 314 pounds at 21 - I lost a little weight through a really unhealthy and unmaintainable calorie deficit. About a year later, after I graduated college and moved to the city of my dreams, I was ready to try again.

My starting weight was 292 pounds in November of 2020. Through a healthy calorie deficit and exercise, I've been able to lose 64 pounds so far. Here are some things I've noticed:

  • I am swimming in my old clothes. Shirts that were too tight for me to wear without being embarrassed are now too large on me and I've dropped from a size 42 waist to a size 34, and I dropped from almost 3XL to XL ( soon to be large I hope... ;) )
  • I'm able to be more active - near my heaviest weight I remember I tried to jog with a friend once and was actually only able to run for 10 seconds. Now I jog in central park 5 days a week and I'm pushing myself every time!
  • I've become a really good chef! Something that helped me the most on my weight loss journey was cooking at home. I used to only really be able to cook eggs, but now I find myself trying new and exciting recipes every week.
  • I'm more willing to be spontaneous.
  • I was able to quit smoking cigarettes because my determination to be more active outweighed my need to smoke.
  • This one may be a little TMI but I used to have a COMICALLY large butt for a guy. And not like a toned one like a big ginormous embarrassingly large butt. Now my butt kind of looks normal. I love it!

I still have a long way to go and there are a lot of battles I'm still fighting. I find it hard to not weigh myself every day and find myself body checking constantly. Body dysmorphia is very real and I'm trying to combat it but for now it still has the best of me. But I'm tired of only posting on this thread when I'm having freak-outs and wanted to share a little happiness with you guys. Thank you to everyone who's helped me along the way - here's to the rest of the journey!

submitted by /u/Dry_Buddy_2553
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lhTSlU

No comments:

Post a Comment