Monday, December 6, 2021

Are gym memberships worth it in 2021?

I started my weight loss journey when I met my husband in 2019 and it has been slow going. I ramped up speed last year (2020) when he was in the Army, I had access to a free gym (on base) and I would go to the gym purely for a chance to see my husband an additional time during the day (as they wouldn't let him live with me in training... it was stupid)

He is out now and we are in Tampa. We are in a somewhat OK neighborhood (better than in OH where we were at last year but not as good as Jacksonville, FL where we were before the army). In 2020 I was able to get down to about 175 but I gained that all back within a year after he got out and now I am struggling to get back down.

This is what I have tried:

  • Intermittent Fasting: Eat Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and Fast on M, W, F where I only drink water on those days. I've never liked coffee so drinking just water was fine. I lost about 5lbs but it has stalled.
  • At home work outs. I don't stick to them. I want to be healthier but I have no drive.
  • Eating less. I have done that but I have a binge eating disorder so it is hard to stick with that.
  • Eating healthier. I am currently working on this. Every day is a struggle but I know it will get easier.

I either run around my neighborhood for about 2 miles or I do Chloe Ting workouts. Neither of which give me the burn I used to have when I went to the gym. Previous apartment in (2021) had a gym included as well and I miss the feeling I got from running on the treadmill. Running outside doesn't give me the same endorphins. I can only run for so long before I'm out of breath outside while on the treadmill I can do a 5k in about 45 minutes. Outside it seems like it would take me over an hour based on the fact that 1 mile takes me about a half an hour and a 5k is about 3.13 miles and I was struggling doing the 1 miles in 30 minutes. I really REALLY want to get back in shape.

I just don't know if I can justify the money for a gym. The gym works though cause no only was I losing weight I was also building muscle which I don't feel like I can do with Chloe Ting workouts and running... maybe I can do both but like I said, I struggle with the runs and I hate that feeling.

submitted by /u/DudeThatsErin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31vURJv

No comments:

Post a Comment