Tuesday, October 11, 2022

NSV: I ate fast food for the first time since my lifestyle change and I don't feel guilty.

I started my "lifestyle change" on September 25th. I say lifestyle change because I initially started with running 3x a week and doing some strength training on the days I don't run. I had no plan of changing my diet because I just wanted to get in shape because of something I want to be able to do next year for college.

Then, I figured this would be a good opportunity for weight loss. I had tried a few times to lose weight, but I'd always fail by getting fast food when my family was and just calling everything off about a week or two in. This time, I decided this would not be the case.

I have been craving KFC for 3 days. I have given myself a budget of 1600 cal based on my TDEE (~220lbs, 5'4) and I worked it into my budget today because I knew my family usually gets take out around the middle of the week. This is the point where I usually give up, especially when I "cave" and get fast food, but I didn't! I budgeted it in and didn't splurge (a big issue with me), and I don't feel guilty because it put those cravings at ease for a while. To me, it's worth one meal of fast food that I fit into my budget vs. ignoring the cravings until I splurge and just give up. I consider this a NSV!

submitted by /u/spectorgadget
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CpaRFXr

No comments:

Post a Comment