Monday, January 9, 2023

Struggling to get back into losing weight after ED (tw: severe restrictive eating)

Hi everyone, I've been subscribed here for a while, but this is my first post. I've always had a really unhealthy relationship with food, and I would frequently overeat to feel happy. This obviously caused me to have weight issues from the time I was really young. When I finally decided to do something about it, I lost about 150 lbs in about a year. The issue is that to achieve that weight loss, I severely restricted my calories. I'm talking 500 or under. A good day was when I would eat about 200 total. If I didn't, I'd get super anxious and would turn to not so great coping mechanisms. I also ended up really sick because of this. I maintained the weight loss for a while until 2020 when I had a series of really traumatic things happen, and I returned to binge eating to cope and gained it all back really fast.

I really want to get back into losing weight and being healthier, the only problem is that when I try and start restricting calories at a healthy amount, I really want to slide back into my old habits and its really hard to resist doing so, so I usually end up just avoiding calorie counting all together and end up overeating so I don't lose any weight.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any advice?

By the way, I did see a nutritionist for a while, but it wasn't super helpful. I've also gone to some therapy for this issue, but I am not currently in therapy because of long waiting lists in my area/lack of mental health care professionals.

submitted by /u/hothouseflower6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zhCifJY

No comments:

Post a Comment