Sunday, February 3, 2019

Need help changing my eating habits for the better

Some context - I’m 23F. I do weightlifting twice a week because I love it and love being strong. I have been doing it consistently for about a year now and have noticed a marked change in my muscle mass, but have lost relatively little fat because of my eating habits.

Other than that I do little exercise at the moment (I’m job hunting so spending lots of time at home researching for jobs). I have had some issues with calorie counting in the past and anything in the vein of restricting calories puts me in panic mode where I want to eat everything in sight because I’m being told I can’t have it. I have a very sweet tooth and it’s very normal for me to eat chocolate daily. I’m about 100kg and want to shed the weight. It’s been a lifelong goal it feels like and it’s got to the point where I don’t ever believe I’ll do it, because I haven’t so far.

I really want to lose weight and be the best possible version of myself that I can be, but I’m standing in my own way. I know I want to lose weight and that food is the way to do that, but I still eat chocolate bars etc to excess and feel rubbish afterwards.

I don’t have a specific weight I want to reach; I’d prefer to base it on aesthetic goals rather than focusing on the scale.

I know it’s a long term journey and I’m prepared for that, I’m just desperate to be on my way to positive change.

Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received.

TL;DR need advice about how to change my eating habits to meet my weight loss goals.

submitted by /u/samsam343
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WEeZ5j

No comments:

Post a Comment