Sunday, October 6, 2019

Down 100lbs

Just wanted to thank this sub for the constant inspiration and helpful knowledge.

When I got married three years ago, I was around 320lbs. I had tried to lose weight a couple times since then, but went cold turkey on things like eating out and sodas (which wasn’t sustainable) and tried to work out 3x a week (which I hated).

I started to try and lose weight again this February. Eating better, and getting back to the gym 3x a week again. I lost weight gradually, but it was nothing very different from what I had done before.

Since finding this sub and learning more about CICO in May, I’ve been using MyFitnessPal and HappyScale to track my calories and my weight loss, and with the simple and tangible knowledge of calorie counting, I have been able to make it all the way down to 220lbs! It’s not even difficult work anymore, it’s just the way I live, and I love that.

In May, I had also switched from 3x workouts a week to 6x, which I still hated, but knew would be beneficial. A buddy of mine had been inviting me to come try out CrossFit for awhile, and the box that he went to had a free trial week in late July, so I gave it a shot. I haven’t looked back since then! It’s incredible how much better it is than just going to the gym, and I really look forward to going, which is something I’d have never thought was possible before!

I’ve still got another 40lbs to lose, but I feel completely equipped to do so, and I owe that to this sub. Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/Norviskor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OwQci5

No comments:

Post a Comment