Thursday, October 3, 2019

Weight Loss Plateau

This is my first post here!

I've been on a weight loss journey for roughly 10 months. I had started at 195 lbs and I am a 28 year old 5'7" male. I have lost nearly 50 lbs and I am currently at 147 lbs with 10-14% body fat. I've been weight lifting on and off since I was 16 years old, and recently got back into it in the past 10 months. My weight loss had been consistent up until 1.5-2 months ago.

I had started losing weight at 1700 calories when I started, and readjusted multiple times. I have been eating 1400-1450 calories per day and I have not been able to get under 147 lbs for 2 months or so now. I train 4 days per week following a PPL routine (Once per week) and a calves/ab day.

The mean of multiple online calculators of my TDEE is 1935 calories, including a sedentary lifestyle (Desk job) and I had entered 30 minutes of activity 3 times a week (For the sake of accuracy, although I go to the gym religiously 4 days a week). This would mean a 500 calorie deficit per day, or 3500 per week - weekend where I eat up to TDEE, so roughly 2500 calorie deficit per week. I do not drink soda nor alcohol, and I do not binge eat although my cheat meal typically consists of 1 large meal on Saturday (Calorie counted to under my TDEE of 1935 calories) or a home cooked meal which lasts Saturday and Sunday (Totaling less than my TDEE).

I am curious as to why I have plateaued. I have started eating at 1710 calories per day as of 10/1/2019 to attempt to break the plateau and up-regulate my hormones in case that is the cause. My days prior to the upping of calories consisted of the following (This is daily, and consistent):

1 Quest bar - 180 calories

2 slices Nature's Own Life - Whole Grain Sugar Free Bread - 100 calories

Myogenix Aftershock protein - 280 calories

Smoked Deli Turkey - 4 slices - 120 calories

1 slice of Sargento swiss cheese - 70 calories

1 Dannon - Lite and fit Blueberry Yogurt - 80 calories

Oatmeal - Apples & Cinnamon - 2 packets - 260 calories (Just switched to lower sugar version of this on 10/1/2019)

Grilled chicken breast - 4 oz - 150 calories

Uncle Ben's - Whole Grain Ready Rice, 1/2 package (1 cup) - 190 calories

This works out to 1430 calories, 191 carbs, 26 fat, 133 protein

I will be eating at 1710 calories for the next 2 weeks to attempt to break this plateau. Does anybody have any insight as to why I have stalled on my weight loss? If it is something glaringly obvious, please let me know. I am not too concerned as I am beyond happy with my progress (10-14% body fat) but I am curious as to why this has happened. I have searched online, but typically it is stated that people are miscounting calories. I have also recently had a blood test and everything has come back normal with testosterone at 550ish. Thyroid hormones have come back in the normal range as well. I have in fact noticed slight progress in the mirror, but not 2 months worth of progress.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/royk33776
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AIc55E

No comments:

Post a Comment