Saturday, April 3, 2021

How to deal with body dysmorphia/unhappiness after weight loss

This time last year I was 35 pounds heavier and honestly I was happier. I ate whatever I wanted and didn’t worry about food, I thought I looked good, I never worried about how I looked, and I liked my body. Now I am just so unhappy with my weight loss even though it was intentional and I don’t want to regain weight. I look at myself and while I’m happy my stomach is smaller my butt and thighs are smaller (not like small but smaller than before) and I don’t like that, my stomach is smaller but not flat, and I find my self constantly criticizing my looks.

It also doesn’t help that nothing is flattering on me anymore and even the new stuff I’ve bought that’s smaller doesn’t fit my proportions well and I always have gaping at the waist even when it’s skin tight on my thighs and butt.

Long story short how do you get over feeling like this if anyone has experienced this. I don’t like being unhappy with the way I look and obsessed with food and checking to see what I look like in public every 5 minutes but I don’t want to go back to being overweight.

I want to go back to when I freshly lost weight and I was so confident in myself but I don’t know how to get there.

submitted by /u/dysantinan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39HYrBt

No comments:

Post a Comment