Saturday, April 3, 2021

Weight loss buddy needed!

I've decided I really need to get back on track and lose about 23 pounds! I think it would be lots of fun to have someone to do this with. Usually I lose and gain all by myself but thought it would be fun to do this with someone. Care to join me?

My plan is to do CICO, use MFP, stick to meal prepping, walking for exercise, giving up Diet Coke and drinking more water! I have great inspiration: I'm going on vacation May 6th through the May 18th, I have company for the 4th of July coming, and I have weddings August 14th and the 21st. I tried on my new swimsuit and it barely fits. I've already bought dresses for these events and I need to lose weight for them to fit and look better! In fact, the Calvin Klein dress I bought won't quite zip up! Ugh!!! Not only is this inspiration for me but my annual physical is in September and I'm sure this extra weight will have a negative impact on my overall health! My doctor will be very pleased I jumped on this and didn't gain even more.

F, 63 YO. At my heaviest weight I was 285 pounds (July, 2002), in 15 months I went down to 159 pounds, had a complete abdominalplasty, went down to 140 pounds - I maintained this weight for several years, in August, 2019 my weight was 225 pounds and October, 2020 I was 143.6 pounds. I'm sure I'll be a success at losing the weight again!

So today I logged my weight (166.5 pounds), food (1,416 calories), exercise (went for a 45 minute walk with my dog), drank 68 ounces of water and I did drink Diet Coke today (I have some at home and my plan is to not drink anymore starting Monday)! My goals are: log my food intake in MFP 5 days a week, stick to my calorie goal (1400 calories - recommended by my doctor/dietitian) 5 days a week, go for a 30 minute walk (I usually do more) 5 days a week and drink at least 64 ounces of water 5 days a week. Why are these goals set for 5 days a week? Because if I tell myself I have to do this every single day and I goof up one or two days I'll feel like a failure. If I do more than 5 days a week then I'll see myself as a success. Starting on Monday I want to start IF 20:4. I'll finish eating at 4:30pm on Sunday afternoon and IF until 12:30pm on Monday. It's time to get back on program!!!

So, would anyone care to join me? Please let me know.

submitted by /u/vcwalden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PwxObS

No comments:

Post a Comment