Monday, December 6, 2021

Hair loss during weight loss

I started working on losing weight in June of this year. I'm a woman in my 40's and it was time. I've lost 45 lbs through CICO and some cardio/strength training. I have about 45 more to go. I eat around 1500 calories a day, with a few more on weekends. I am 5' 10".

I noticed about 3 months in that my hair was REALLY coming out. I have curly hair and I only wash once a week. So hair loss seems a bit more extreme anyway since I'm not washing every day. However, I'm losing WAY more than normal. I have gained/lost in the past and I can't really remember hair loss like this except for a brief stint with keto. Probably because I never stuck with anything this long.

I've read everything I can and it says this happens, take a vitamin, take biotin, make sure you're getting enough protein, etc. I've checked every box on that. I'm about 6 weeks into hard core taking vitamins, biotin, and making sure I get enough protein daily and it's STILL shedding badly. Does anyone have any advice to slow this down? How long will this last and will it come back? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/truecrimefanatic1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dlJS8j

No comments:

Post a Comment