Saturday, July 9, 2022

Classic Yo-yo'er hoping to make it stick this time

Hey everyone! I'm currently 45 years, 6'2, and weigh 296.5. I weighed myself this past March and came in at 332. Not quite as high as spring of 2021, where I had to be in the 340-345 range, but still not great. I'm a bit of a roller coaster enthusiast and, as a passholder at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I had the opportunity to preview the park's new roller coaster, Pantheon. I showed up at the park on Friday, March 4th and got in line. I was pretty excited and sending texts and pictures to my friends. However, when it was actually my time to ride, I got denied. The restraint wouldn't come all the way down to where I could safely ride and I had to make the dreaded walk of shame. FastForward to June 15 and I met up with my sister and nieces at the park. I had lost 28.5 pounds and was feeling a little more optimistic, if not ultra confident. This time it was a success and I got to ride! I think I was more excited about getting to actually ride that I forgot to really enjoy the coaster. I hit a milestone last weekend and weighed in at under 300 pounds for the first time since 2018. Over the last 25 years I've had an up and down affair with weight loss. I remember when I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 250 on the scale in 1999. I was up to 265 in the spring of 2001 but got back down to 225 by the end of the summer. Between fall of 2010 and summer of 2011, I lost 70 pounds-- 305 to 235. Throughout the past 25 years you can see the pattern of getting up to some new incomprehensible (to me anyway) weight and me trying to rally and counter the weight gain. Now in my 40's, the struggle to lose weight has been even tougher. My goal right now is to get to 232. That would be a hundred pound loss since March as well as getting my BMI from "obese" to "overweight". Right now I'm going to the gym six times per week-- three days of weights and three days of high intensity interval training. I don't really count calories but try to eat small portioned meals 5-6 times a day. My blood pressure is coming down (I started BP medication two years ago) and the clothes are getting looser. Anyway, just thought I'd post here as I try to lose the yo-yo history and work towards an ideal weight that I can sustain. And never have to worry about getting denied a roller coaster ride again 😃

submitted by /u/redfoot12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QaSdkfc

No comments:

Post a Comment