Monday, October 10, 2022

The scale (for your body, not food) might be the worst thing for weight loss

I've been on this journey for something like 8 years. I've made all the mistakes and achieved all the successes.

The scale has been my biggest toxic relationship by far, and clearly it's not just me. Every day I see many many posts by frustrated people trying to use the scale to validate their struggle and most of the time it just pisses us off. At least it feels like most of the time, probably because of negative bias.

The last couple of months, trying to lose what I think is the last 10lb, I've stopped giving in to that fucking machine that mostly just makes me disappointed. Its been helpful to my sanity, and also my progress. I don't let a highly misconstrued number impact my decisions, and this I am much more consistent, and emotionally happy.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, just wanted to let others like me know they're not alone, and that giving up the scale really is working.

submitted by /u/Gruntled1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/N0kA1Uq

No comments:

Post a Comment