Tuesday, December 6, 2022

A really out-of-the-blue binge

I just had the strangest experience. I’ve just had the worst binge craving ever in my life. I knew what was happening so I managed to go to the store and get healthy foods, but I literally just had three entire bags of frozen vegetables and a litre of diet soda. I felt so powerless, like I couldn’t even TRY to distract myself or stop eating. It even took me over an hour of walking to go to the store and get foods, and when I got back I just carried on eating.

For my size and usual diet, volume-wise that simply doesn’t add up. I should feel so so full. But I still feel hungry. The only reason I’m not eating anymore is because I’m out of food (traveling so no kitchen).

I’m proud I guess that I managed to make good choices about WHAT I binged on, but I’ve never felt that kind of complete possession by the NEED to eat (when I’m not hungry) before. I’ve known cravings and I certainly binged before my weight loss journey, but nothing felt like this. I don’t necessarily feel judgemental of myself. I mean, I did my best given the circumstances by buying veggies. But I do feel sad and scared.

I don’t know what triggered it. I don’t know when it will stop. I’m scared I’ll start obsessing. I feel so lame.

What do you do to stop a binge once it’s started? How do you identify triggers? How have you overcome it?

Thanks in advance, friends.

submitted by /u/not-my-usj-username
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FXaGjlJ

No comments:

Post a Comment