Thursday, January 5, 2023

Advice on breaking a weight loss plateau?

Hi, been on my weight loss journey for about 7 months now and need some serious advice:

For the past month I have hit a weight loss plateau and can't seem to break it. I need some tips on how to break this streak as my goal weight is 190 lbs.

Here is some context:
-I am 6'3" 23 Male
-My starting weight was 250lbs and my current weight is 213 lbs
-I have been losing weight for 7 months
-I workout 7 days a week for about 90 minutes, with atleast 30 minutes of it being cardio and the rest being strength training. I do a Upper, Lower, GPP split with Saturday being a cardio day (equivalent to my rest day)
-I have a fair bit of muscle mass (I have been lifting for about 4 years on and off)
-I track my calories and macros (My daily intake ranges from 2100-2500 calories and minimum 180g of protein)
-My diet mainly of yogurt, fruit, chicken, turkey, and whey (I eat other things, but these are the ones I eat on a daily basis).
-I have a cheat meal once a week

After doing some nosing around I suspect that my BMR tanked, which is why I'm not losing weight despite the deficit. I've heard some suggestions about a refeed (which I've attempted for 5 days by eating at 3000 calories, but it didn't really do much, I just gained a bit of temporary water weight then got stuck at 213 again) If I were to do another one, how long should it last? How many calories? There is also the possibility that I'm not tracking my calories properly (I weight everything I eat and don't use things that would hide calories like oil or butter. The only thing that could be hiding would be spices).

I don't think it would be wise for me to lower my calories any further nor increase exercise as I already eat very little and exercise quite a bit, so how should I break this plateau? I am not opposed to anything, I just need to know what to do. Any advice would be extremely appreciated :)

submitted by /u/DTDewman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WiO0TDu

No comments:

Post a Comment