Friday, January 6, 2023

I’m obese but my mom said she will disown me if I lose weight

I don’t know what to do :/ Sorry I don’t really know how to summarise everything but there’s another post on my account that explains it. I’m 5’4, 14 and 293lbs but basically my mom really does not approve of my weight loss.

Today she told me that if I really went ahead with this ‘fad’ and lost weight that she would disown me and I wouldn’t be her daughter. What the fuck??? What I do with this information should I just wait until I’m 18 to lose weight? I love my mom I would never want to hurt her but what do I do? I feel like I’m lying and going behind her back if I lose weight but at the same time being obese is affecting me so much.

My mom has always been so good to me but now she’s being so harsh about weight loss it’s so discouraging because I know I’m not supposed to be this size but I know I can’t upset my mom either

And I also told her about seeing a doctor. I told her I was having issues breathing (which is the truth) and she said I was lying and that she just thinks I’m saying this so I can see a doctor to lose weight. And I guess that is true but now I feel like I’m so stuck. I genuinely don’t think it’s normal for me to get as tired out as I do but now I can’t do anything about it? :/ And my dad agrees with my mom but refuses to get involved because he thinks it’s an issue for the women to solve so I can’t even try to convince him

I will still try and exercise and eat less where I can but this feels so wrong to be doing behind my mom’s back. I feel like I should just lose weight when I’m 18 instead but I don’t know if that’s a good idea?

submitted by /u/PlatypusDue8645
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Og5ZITc

No comments:

Post a Comment