Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Goals you didn’t even realize were goals?

Two years ago this week, I decided that my weight was unacceptable to me and set about changing that. I had a number of acknowledged goals: some regarding health, some pertaining to activities I wanted to be able to do more easily, and some purely aesthetic. 65 pounds later and after a year at goal weight, I’m still discovering benefits that I didn’t even realize were goals!

Yesterday evening, I came home from work and mowed the lawn in the same skirt I wore to work. Then I stuck on a pair of tennis shoes and took the dog for a four mile walk, still wearing my work skirt. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized I’d put on about seven miles of walking in 80 degree heat, in a skirt, without my thighs chafing themselves raw! It had never even crossed my mind that this could/should be a goal, but by god, every single “treat” I’d foregone for the past two years automatically became 100%worth it!

What unrecognized goals and benefits hit you guys out of left field as you progressed through your weight loss? If you had thought of them earlier, would it have helped your progress or would you have written them off as “unrealistic”?

submitted by /u/1boxfox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XD7ETz

No comments:

Post a Comment