Saturday, October 5, 2019

How do you deal with judgement from family members?

I live with my parents and am currently flying solo on my weight loss journey. My family is all really big (I’m the lightest at 225, younger brother is ~245, mom is ~250, dad is ~300 and youngest brother is ~350). I don’t know if it’s because of their jealousy that I’m being successful in losing weight and it’s bringing up an insecurity, but recently there have been a lot more comments about how much less I eat in relation to them, and it’s starting to get grating because it feels like fake concern.

We had ordered out for pizza tonight, they all got their own large 16inch pizzas (as opposed to just sharing them like I’ve tried to suggest) and it’s not uncommon for them to eat the whole thing in one go (I used to eat like this too before I started making changes-one pizza is easily 3000 calories). I just got a small 8inch individual pizza (750 cals) and the whole time we were eating pizza, they kept asking if I had enough or if they should order another pizza for me. To which I said, no thanks.

Fast forward 2 hours later and mom decides she’s going to get everyone milkshakes. Without asking if I wanted one, she brings me one while saying “I didn’t think you had enough at supper so I got you this”. At this point, I haven’t had it yet, but I feel bad just throwing it out because it’s an waste of food and her money. But I don’t know how to explain that I don’t need food gifts because I’m not starving.

submitted by /u/ThatWasPeachy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IqxDIs

No comments:

Post a Comment