Thursday, October 17, 2019

If you’re thinking losing weight will bring you happiness you’re wrong.

I have hit my goal. I had a short term goal for an event and I did it. Female 5’9, late twenties, started at 196 pounds and I’m at 175lbs today. My ultimate goal is 160-165lbs but I wanted to hit this weight right now and reach the next goal by the end of February. I thought I would be happy. I’m not. However, I’m proud. I am dedicated. I am strong, and healthier, and clearer minded, and leaner, and clothes fit better and I’m wearing stuff I haven’t fit in in several years but.... I’m still not happy. Weight loss can not bring mental joy. It can bring secondary joy because of the things listed above but it will not bring true, deep, unfiltered happiness that comes from your soul. Lots of people mention this on this sub and I just wanted to mention it as well. Don’t lose weight for happiness. I hope mine eventually comes. I know I need to work on my mental health (I’m currently in therapy and toying with the option of antidepressants.) Do it for the health benefits. I can’t deny how great mine have been. I understand the importance of them and don’t discredit that one bit. But, especially for the young women, don’t think for one second that being a certain size will give you worth or happiness. Weight loss will not fulfill your soul.

submitted by /u/SwampAss3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35J813k

No comments:

Post a Comment