Saturday, October 19, 2019

[UPDATE] Five Months In, 66 Pounds Down

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/brp523/i_dont_want_to_die_before_im_50/

So the last five months have been a hell of a trip. I've managed to drop 66lbs and for the first time in years I'm under 300lbs. I'm hoping to never go back. One thing I don't think I realized was just how terrible I felt all the time at 357lbs. I was always tired and whenever I had free time I felt like I had to spend it resting.

So now at 291lbs I already feel like I have so much more energy than I did. I'm going out and taking walks not because I feel like I'm needing to push myself, but because I have energy to burn now and genuinely have begun to enjoy getting outside and moving. Plus, I already feel so much more comfortable in my own skin. At my highest weight, I don't think I fully realized how uncomfortable being in public made me and that when I didn't have to be out for work, I was making myself into a hermit to avoid being seen. I felt like a bull in a China shop everywhere I went; like I took up too much space and was an inconvenience and got in the way. I've still got a long road ahead, but I already look and feel immensely better than I did.

I'm at the point now where I'm getting a couple of comments a day at work about how good I look and how much weight I've lost. On the one hand, having your weight loss become to the talk of the office is a lot of pressure, on the other hand its also motivation. I'm pretty sure I've inspired several coworkers to start as well. I'm hearing a lot of them talking about what they're doing to lose weight now as well, and it feels good to think maybe I indirectly helped.

So to anyone who has 100+ pounds to lose and is feeling overwhelmed, trust me, it is worth it. You'll start feeling the benefits long before your goal weight. At 291, no one is going to accuse me of being skinny or in good shape, but I don't feel almost sick all the time like I did at 357. I don't feel like I have to stay cooped up in my apartment all the time because I'm too uncomfortable being in public anymore. I don't feel like obesity is what defines me to other people like it did when I was 357lbs. The hardest part is finding a system that works for you, and being kind to yourself so mistakes don't derail you.

submitted by /u/MagnificentParsley
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31pin5a

No comments:

Post a Comment