Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Just a little update!

I made a post on here the week I started my weight loss/personal health journey (beginning of march) and I just had to post today because I’m so proud of myself!

I’m down to exactly 231 lbs from ~250 lbs! My first milestone was 230 lbs and I couldn’t be happier. I work in retail and burn 700-1200 cals per shift from walking, while trying to squeeze in weight lifting when I can.

Lastly, I’d like to share a few things that work for me in terms of sustainability.

  • I cook nearly all my meals now. I’m a busy student/employee so I got used to eating out often, I just had no motivation to cook at all. Cooking for myself has also made me realize how much portion size really matters.
  • I still eat junk food periodically! The major difference is I don’t binge anymore, nor do I truly feel the need to. It was difficult in the beginning but I gradually built up the willpower to say “no you’re not hungry, just bored.”
  • Get busy! Pick up some hobbies, call friends, go for long walks etc. when you can. Mind over matter! Art/drawing has always been my place of solace.
  • This is the most common but drink water! Before and during meals if you can, and especially during and after workouts.

Hope everyone is staying happy and healthy during these trying times, we’re in this together :)

submitted by /u/hayzeydayzey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dnjadH

No comments:

Post a Comment