Friday, April 23, 2021

Anyone having trouble processing themselves at a lower weight?

I think the title requires some explanation. I've never been very overweight, but not liking my body and wanting to be thinner has been with me my entire adult life. I'm currently 2 kg away from my goal. For the past few years, at the end of the year, I weighed a little less than the year before (as opposed to about ten years ago, when every year I gained a bit of weight). My partner and I are currently trying to lose those last few pesky kilograms together, both doing pretty well. And now I've decided that I might need to be at maintenance for a bit, because I'm psychologically utterly unprepared to be at my "goal" weight. WTF will I obsess about? How does liking my body fit into my personality? I've spend my ENTIRE adult life striving for this. Basically, I'm having trouble processing and feel like, weirdly, I'm not ready.

I want to get there. I want to get the little voice out of my head that focuses on everything that's wrong with my body. I know it's a bigger issue that extends to how I view life in general, and I don't want to hit the goal just to find something wrong again and set a new goal. I guess I'm putting too much "weight" in my "weight loss" (omg I'll let myself out). Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks for letting me rant.

submitted by /u/cellar9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xiNeBy

No comments:

Post a Comment