Friday, July 8, 2022

Seeking advice for weight loss during half marathon training

I ran a half marathon earlier this year to 1) have something to train for to get me back in shape 2)feel excited about running again 3) hopefully lose some weight. The first two goals were achieved, but I only lost 4 or 5 pounds during the training which took place across 4 months. I've read that it's actually hard to lose weight while training for a long distance race because how much fuel your body needs.

I want to do another half this September with the intention of being able to get to my goal weight or close to it during the training. Is it possible/safe to do this while shooting for a sub 1:50:00 pace?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/futilereptile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dTwiGSF

No comments:

Post a Comment