Saturday, June 1, 2019

Struggling with the endgame

I am really struggling to stick to my diet right now but my goal is SOOO close. How do you guys do it?

I started at 90kg (198lbs) at 167cm (5'5"). Currently bouncing around 73kg (160lbs). Goal is 69kg(150lbs) or below, then switch to maintenance/low rate loss and hopefully to maintain around 67-68kg (145-148?).

It was really easy to stick to the diet in the beginning. I did not really struggle that much and the kg just flew off it felt like. I have gained so much from losing weight! Moving around is just so easy now. It's kind of like I always walked up hill before and now everything is walking flat. The resistance is gone. I like my body now and it is functional for the most part. I have more energy and I have less depressive days. I just in general feel better and loving my life more.

After I reached 30lbs lost, it got really hard to stick to my diet and the last 8lbs have been a harder struggle than the first 30.

My biggest struggle is that I have a huge sweet tooth. Especially in the evening, I can sometimes get into "binge mode" raiding the kitchen for anything sweet. With CICO I could budget in my sweets and allow for a small dessert in the evening with a low-cal option. This was what made me able to go through it, not feeling like I was denying myself anything but living my life just with smaller portion sizes basically.

But as I am closing on my goal I keep treating myself with food. I keep eating sweets, and not logging as strictly as I used to do. I also less strict with myself at keeping my goal, eating closer to maintenance, and the weight loss is obviously slowing down because of it. I am still in a downward trend but the scale is so much up and down it feels like it is not moving... and it is sooo frustratig when you hope to see the numbers move in the right direction but they just don't. I also had kind of set a time frame in my head based on the rate of loss I had that I would reach my goal in the beginning of July. It is still not too late to reach it if I get back into it, but then I really need to be more strict with myself again, and keep my daily calories lower. I have tried incorporating more exercise but currently it's not really making up for the difference.

A part of me want to stop logging and try intuitive eating and focus on fitness/more exercise, or just be content where I am at and try maintenance. but I know if I don't log I will probably start over-eating again as I still see some tendencies when I am bored in the evenings that I want to just binge anything sweet.

It feels stupid because I only have 10-12 lbs to go before I reach my goal and it's just SO close! Re-evaluating my goal and time frame feels like I am giving up and I am not ready to do that yet.

My goal is basically to be within my healthy BMI range and to have a happy and healthy body. I don't want to be "skinny" or even super fit for that matter. But it would be nice if my stomach did not bulge you know. I feel like thats a healthy goal.

But the battle in my head is something like this: Why should I stay at 73kg and overweight when I can be 69kg and normal weight. It's just 4kg. Already lost 15-16kg, whats 4 more. At the same time I already have a lot of health benefits and feel good at my current weight. What difference is it gonna make? Other than the satisfaction of reaching that arbitrary number on the scale that grants me access to the world of "normal weight" where I have probably not been since I was pre-teen. Why not just go maintenance now and lose it slower? Why not just grind on for a few more weeks and be done and reach the goal?. I can't seem to decide with myseld what I want.

Now the puprose of this post was mostly to rant, sort my thoughts a bit by writing it out, but also to seek advice. I know there is a lot of you out there who already reached your goals. Now did you all just set the goal and stick to it and never looked back or did you ever re evaluate and changed your approach as you closed in on your goals? How was the last part of your weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/olnaso
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JTcqcf

No comments:

Post a Comment