Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Unexpected but welcome side effect to weight loss: Helping with IBS

Not sure if anyone else here has suffered with IBS or has been open to talking about it (it can be slightly embarrassing) I have been suffering with IBS my entire life and now I’m at a point where I’ve managed to get it under control. Although I haven’t been following the low fodmap diet, it’s amazing how much having a more balanced diet/ healthier diet has reversed most of my symptoms. i guess i shouldn’t have been too surprised haha.

I think the best part now is it makes it a lot easier to tell which foods trigger IBS. for me, pretty much any fried food is a no go which makes it easier to resist temptation for those types of foods.

I am currently down 45 pounds (218 to 173, 21yr old F) and besides feeling better about how my body physically looks I also in general feel so much better. No longer sluggish, no more stomach cramps, no more anxiety whenever I go to the bathroom.

Anyone else have similar benefits happen to them since starting your journey?

submitted by /u/theleximermaid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IqwtMf

No comments:

Post a Comment