Monday, October 21, 2019

I've lost just over 10 pounds and can't bring myself to tell people about it.

There's several reasons for that. 1) I've admitted less than a handful of times that I'm overweight, out loud. This feels like an extension of that.

2) I don't want to seem braggy, or one of those people that always talks about weight loss and exercise, or like I'm looking for attention.

3) I don't want others judging my progress...or lack thereof.

4) I want the results to speak for themselves.

5) it's not about them anyway, I'm doing this for myself.

So some of my reasons are good, others are borne of self consciousness. I'm still not where I want to be in the confidence department, but I'm better than I was. For instance: I'm still chubby, but I'm happy with my body for now. I've slimmed down, I exercise, and I'm starting to get more endurance in running. I'm honestly not even sure if others are aware of my progress.

submitted by /u/ThatLudibriousReader
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31BpwQ3

No comments:

Post a Comment