Tuesday, November 2, 2021

How much support to expect from long term lie-in partner?

*live-in partner, sorry!

My(f26) partner(m29) knows how my weight gain is affecting me and that I am trying to lose weight. I don't have a lot to lose (about 10kg to be back inside of normal bmi range).I don't feel any support from my partner, but before I broach the subject to him I would like to know what is a normal amount of support to expect.

For context, my weight gain is because I eat too much. I consider myself quite active, I happily walk 1hr to work a few times a week, I go bouldering and once in a while ice skating. (Last two weeks I haven't gone bouldering because motivation has been really really low and eating has been very very high and I just feel shit but I'm trying to build my routine again)

I lost 4kg thanks to a personal trainer who gave me a boost so I started being super active, going on lots of walks and exercising regularly with my own motivation. I also took calorie counting more seriously. I maintained for a few months, but gained it back now.

He doesn't really seem interested in talking about weight loss stuff. Sometimes I'll say I had a bad calorie day but he won't show any interest. Doesn't proactively exercise with me or encourage me to exercise. Encourages me to eat more but doesn't congratulate me when I successfully eat the serving size of a cake (usually eat a whole cake my myself).

tldr; Those of you with partners living with you, in what ways do they support you with your weightloss goals.

submitted by /u/AdAlternative3255
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Euqh18

No comments:

Post a Comment