Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Not losing weight at a caloric deficit

31F | 164cm / 5'5 | SW: 93kg / 206 | CW: 62kg / 136| GW: 60kg / 132 | I have PCOS | 3 year weight loss journey

I have almost reached my goal weight but I've been stuck at around 61-63kg for months now. I weigh myself every week on smart scales and no matter how much I restrict my caloric intake, it just hovers around that margin and my body fat follows.

I can't really eat much less than what I eat now as I'm eating close to 1100-1200 calories a day at a 300 calorie deficit and I'm often very very hungry. I've done extensive research on nutrition and I believe I eat the right stuff, I track my macros and use a food scale and cronometer every single day. My go-to lunches are tuna and bean salads etc. I do cheat with a small dessert once every other day but I always make sure it's within my calorie allowance.

In the last month I started exercising daily with a treadmill and some bodyweight home fitness burning around 150 calories a day so that I could eat a little more while maintaining my 300 calorie deficit and hopefully jump start my metabolism in the case that eating low calorie for 3 years has slowed it and build some muscle that might help burn more. I have yet to notice any muscle gains and neither have my scales but I know it's still early. Even then, I've still gained weight as body fat this week.

It's very demotivating and my hunger levels are higher than ever now that I'm exercising. What am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/Mel0n13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Ex1qtA

No comments:

Post a Comment