Friday, July 8, 2022

Eating out, counting calories, and other concerns

Hey everyone!

I am a 5'5 30 y/o woman and I began my weight loss journey 4 weeks ago at 263. I was prescribed phentermine by my doctor and I lost a total of 6 pounds in the first two weeks. Since then I have had a number of social engagements (all involving food), and have not lost any weight in the last two weeks.

I am trying to figure out a recipe for success to help me keep pushing forward. As of now, I have monthly appointments with my doctor set up to help keep me accountable, and I want to do my best every month to make sure I reach my goal of losing at least 100 lbs (ideally 120-130 lbs) within 2 years.

I successfully lost 20 pounds years ago before going on a trip to Japan, but after I came back I gained it all back because my external motivation to lose weight was gone (the goal was to get more fit for hiking around). This time around, my goals are all internal... if that makes sense. No trips or specific goals outside of "get healthy and wear cute clothes."

So this is what is going on in my head at the moment:

  1. How the heck do you stay motivated to count calories for every meal, and how do you log calories when you eat out and don't have access to nutrition facts?
  2. What apps do you use to count calories? I use MyFitnessPal, and I am looking for something new to shake things up.
  3. It is probably going to take me 2 years to get this weight off - how do I work through the sense of dread I feel at the long road ahead of me?
  4. Those with a big sweet-tooth - how do you manage your cravings? My cravings are so bad they give me anxiety (almost like withdrawal symptoms or something).

I am a full-time graduate student who is also working a full-time job. So far I have been extremely successful at hitting my 150min workout goal every week and I am very proud of that. I even feel stronger. But I really need to work on my cravings and my stress-eating habits. I also struggle with depression and anxiety so my brain doesn't seem to be on my side here.

Any pointers would be great!

submitted by /u/MoodyMere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/arhpc5k

No comments:

Post a Comment