Tuesday, July 5, 2022

"Loving yourself is not antithetical to health, it is intrinsic to health. You can't take good care of a thing you hate." - Lindy West

Loving yourself is not antithetical to health, it is intrinsic to health. You can't take good care of a thing you hate.

This quote has really summed up my weight loss journey this time around.

In the past, I raged against my body and my flesh.

I tried to abuse myself into submission - slapping my mental flesh, screaming at my body through workouts, groveling with my willpower, sobbing at my little mistakes, and eventually shaming myself into a corner.

It's taken literal years to change that.

It's taken therapy, yoga, coffee with friends, late-night conversations with partners, self-help books, journal entries, art, strawberry-spinach-matcha-protein smoothies, music, dance, a knee surgery, a bike ride through my beloved city with its orange lights and couches-on-porches.

It's taken golden mountains, gales of redemptive winds, clear and forgiving currents, and soaring winged birds for me to change my thoughts.

For me to arrive at my body differently.

For me to revere myself instead of repulse.

-

I'm here - an entire work in progress.

I've loved reading through your posts. Your journeys have become part of my daily ritual. I come here every day to read, to comment, to look, to support. Because we're struggling together. Struggling for something just beyond ourselves - but still within reach.

submitted by /u/fiendish_churail
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ujNgVZW

No comments:

Post a Comment