Monday, January 2, 2023

Can we hear it for tiny goals?

Here I am again, like many of you probably, trying to lose the weight I lost and gained back several times over the last decade. Twice in my life I've lost massive amounts of weight, like 50+ pounds, and several times smaller amounts through lifestyle changes I implemented inadvertently. The most recent journey kinda messed me up; too low calorie, over doing it on excercise until an injury and covid made that impossible. My relationship with food and my body really took a hit and I've spent the last few years in therapy working on healing that first before I try intentional weight loss again.

All of that and I had a baby this year lol.

But I'm back, and this time I'm hoping to take the long way around by setting progressive micro goals and working my way up from there. So many times I'd try to jump back in saying tomorrow I'm going to start eating 1300 and working out 5 times a week, which I'd predictively fail and end up drinking and binging instead. I don't have the time or the mental energy for all that anymore. Instead, I'm starting with the smallest steps possible and building from there.

So here are my teeny tiny baby goals to begin my new journey:

-step foot in the gym or work wellness center once a day on weekdays (no actual workouts required) -go on a walk every work day -put everything I consume in cronometer (not focusing on deficit yet, that's the hard part)

Eventually I'm shooting for some sort of excercise every day, 10k steps a day, and a one pound a week deficit, but it's going to be a slow and steady go until I get there.

So just for now, I say screw big goals. Tell me about the smallest thing you're doing to achieve results!

submitted by /u/Ambitious_Client6545
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lnqsM8z

No comments:

Post a Comment