Saturday, June 8, 2019

Losing weight and hypothyroidism

I am wondering whether any of you have faced trying to lose weight with hypothyroidism?

It recently came to my attention that I might have inherited my mom's hypothyroidism. I have yet to get it confirmed by a doctor, but my mom and I have our suspicions. I am and have been experiencing a handful of symptoms since I was around 16. But my biggest issue is obviously losing weight.

It takes ages for me to lose and keep the weight down, and it's become increasingly difficult since I was 17. I was able to lose 22lbs over the span of 8 months when I was 18, but with the same effort and even more restrictive eating at 20, my weight is barely budging. I have absolutely no problem putting on weight, however.

I just can't stand how demotivating weight loss has been for me. If it turns out I do have hypothyroidism, I was wondering if any of you have experience with it. Is there something I can do to help without meds since I won't have access to them for a while? Did meds actually help with restoring a normal metabolism?

submitted by /u/vicsj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WofxL2

No comments:

Post a Comment