Friday, July 5, 2019

I lost 50lbs since January and I don’t feel any better... can anyone relate?

Hi, guys. I’m new to reddit, I’m not sure how to use it but I’m gonna share my feelings towards my weight loss journey and hopefully find someone who feels the same way I do.

I gained 88lbs due to a depression I’ve been going through since 2015 and only in January 2019 I’ve been able to start doing something about it. So I started exercising, running, weight lifting, taking the stairs, dieting, cut soda and sugar from my life and all that.

I used to think that once I started to look like “my old self” I would feel like my old self (like I was before depression). And that did not happen. AT ALL. I was shocked and also very disappointed.

I thought that my mood would improve with exercise... People always say that running is the best antidepressant there is and I just don’t feel a thing. The only thing I’ve noticed to be improved is my body’s health, especially my breathing. I don’t snore anymore, I’m not out of breath anymore, I can take the stairs and not have and asthma attack lmao. But other than that I’m still so freaking miserable :/

I mean, I still have 20-25lbs to lose, but I’m looking like my old self already. I’m definitely prettier, getting more attention from guys now, but I just overall feel like shit.

I had the idea in my mind that weight loss would make me realize I’m capable to do great things and overcome obstacles, but nope. I don’t even feel proud of myself lol :(

I just can’t stop feeling miserable, I miss food so much (I’m not gonna give up on my weight loss journey though but ugh). I hate exercising and I still go to the gym everyday anyway, hating it haha.

I guess I just thought that weight loss would magically make my life 100% better and that didn’t happen, so I just feel... disappointed 😔

Oh and also I lost hair like crazy during the weight loss, which made me kinda sad hahah

Can anyone relate to this feeling post-weight loss? Has anyone been through something similar? How did you overcome the feeling?

Ps.: please excuse me if I made any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

🥰😘

submitted by /u/jupiter_theplanet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Xrawqw

No comments:

Post a Comment