Friday, August 16, 2019

Goal achieved: kidney transplant eligible

About a year ago, my kidney function fell to about 12%. After 6 months of no improvement, I started the process to get a kidney transplant (lots and lots of testing). In May, I saw the transplant team. Everything was fine except my weight. I thought the BMI threshold was 38 but it's 33. So the doctor told me I had to lose 30 pounds, said I probably couldn't do it without bariatric surgery, gave me a referral and a re-evaluation appointment for November.

I've been fat most of my life, with a few major weight losses every decade or so. Last time (2011), I used Lose It so I reactivated my account and got to work. Three months later using CICO and cardio, I've lost 30 pounds and my re-evaluation has been moved up to September 3.

My next goal is to lose another 50 over the next year or so, to get ready for surgery (which is realistically years away). And maybe the seriousness of the situation will help me stick with it this time.

This sub has been a lot of help, so thanks to all who take the time to post.

submitted by /u/grommetcat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KOibpZ

No comments:

Post a Comment