Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Intermittent Fasting and Gout

Hello! First post here.

I’ve found Intermittent Fasting to be a sustainable option for me, and I’ve done it to some success. But I have gout (it runs in the family). I suspect that my most recent gout attack, which happened to be my worst ever, might have been triggered by the fasting.

I’ve heard it said that I.F. produces ketones. If that is indeed the case, then these ketones (beneficial for weight loss) might’ve made it too hard for my body to process the purines that cause gout at the same time.

Has anyone run into this problem, or do any f you have some medical insight into my idea? Is there some way I can do intermittent fasting without triggering my gout?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Con-D-Oriano1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KucNrP

No comments:

Post a Comment