Monday, August 12, 2019

Kidney stones from weight loss?!?

I know I can't ask for medical advice, but has anyone else experienced kidney stones because of losing weight? I had one last week, which landed me in the ER (I had no idea what it could be, other than I was dying).

The physician asked me about my diet and noted that I'd lost around 25 lbs in 3 months. I said it was heavy in veggies and leafy greens with a lot of protein like chicken and pork and "whole foods" like full fat homemade Greek yogurt and grains. She asked what I was eating before, which was a lot of carbs, sweets, and fried food.

She indicated that it was likely my food choices that caused the kidney stones, but not to change my diet in any way; the benefits of my diet was more than the risk of the kidney stones, and just to triple whatever my water intake was. I've started tracking using Cronometer to be able to track my exact protein intake, I had been just tracking calories before.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do the kidney stones just go away once your body "gets used to" the increased proteins?

submitted by /u/shortergirl06
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YFTSnG

No comments:

Post a Comment