Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Looking for a weight loss and exercise accountability buddy to hope back on this journey with me. Calorie tracking, sharing goals, pushing each other, etc.

Backstory on me: 35 years old, married, male. 250lbs. Lost 100lbs about a decade ago but it's starting to creep back up on me and I'm making some changes to fix that.

What I'm looking for:

When I lost the weight previously a big factor was that I had a friend whom was trying to do the same thing and we kept each other motivated and accountable and it made the journey more bearable.
We did this in a number of ways: We shared monthly and sometimes weekly weight goals. We shared exercise goals (both of us walked a lot and had fitbit's) We both used MyFitnessPal for food tracking. We shared progress pictures occasionally. The most important part though was just txting with someone doing the same thing as me. Whether it was egging each other on to walk one more mile or bitching about how many calories we have left to use on MyFitnessPal, it's what kept us both going. I'm not talking incessant txting or anything, just a couple a week up to a few on some days. I'm not picky as to where you are on your journey, though it would be nice if we're close to the same in terms of goals (I'm currently shooting to get under 200 lbs, so 50 lbs to go). I'm not picky if your male or female or how old you are even. I'm just looking for one person who needs this kind of situation to help them to be successful, groups never really worked for me.

If this is something that you're interested in, shoot me a PM.

submitted by /u/jeffmauch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YulNqS

No comments:

Post a Comment